NRC Hearing of GP Secretary/Lot Mandal/Circle Officer Certificates Verification of 29 Lakh: NRC Special Verification/NRC Assam Hearing Process for Gaon Panchayat Secretary/ Lot Mandal/ Circle Officer Certificate starts from 2nd April 2018: As per the direction of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, it is required to a comprehensive verification of the GP (Gaon Panchayat) Certificates, Lot Mandal or Circle Officer Certificates submitted by the married women as a proof of linkage with the Legacy Person.
What is NRC Hearing Verification of Married women?
NRC Special Verification/NRC Hearing of Assam is the verification process of the documents namely GP (Gaon Panchayat) Certificates, Lot Mandal or Circle Officer Certificates submitted by any married women as a proof of linkage with the legacy person. This verification is not valid for unmarried women or any man.
How will Special Verification/NRC Hearing will be Conducted?
The NRC special verification will be conducted by a hearing which will be close to GP Office, Lot Mandal or Circle Offices or a notice will be issued to the certificate holders to appear at the hearing venue. The notice of hearing will have the time, date, location(venue) which will be delivered to house to house by NRC field level functionaries.
The verification will be carried out through a hearing based processed, where the married women will be asked to appear. The issuing authority will also be present at the hearing to produce evidence-based on which the certificate was issued.
The duty of the Married Women’s After Receiving Letter
The married women or certificate holders who received such notice of special verification/NRC Hearing are required to bring with her original of the certificates. If original is not found, then the photocopy of the same will also apply for the hearing.
Besides this, she may also provide any evidence to prove herself the truthfulness of the linkage certified.
For this, she may also bring with her either Legacy Person or other descendants of the legacy person for the recording of the statements to substantiate her claim of linkage claimed.
Bring one valid photo identity card to establish the identity of any person participating in the hearing.
You can locate your GP Secretary/Lot Mandal/Circle Officer Certificates from below official nrc website
Check Here: NRC Application Status
Important Things to Remember:
- The NRC special verification/NRC Hearing will only apply to cases where the Issuing Authority of the Certificates is Gaon Panchayat Secretary in rural areas, or LOT Mandal in the districts of Dima Hasao, Karbi Anglong, Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa, and Udalguri or circle offices in Urban areas.
- In case the certificate holders fail to attend the hearing, the decision regarding the admissibility of the certificates as a linkage document will be taken by special verification officer who will conduct her hearing in her absence.
- No third party or members outside of the family will be allowed to participate in the hearings.
See Also: NRC Family Tree Verification
In case the Gaon Panchayat/ LOT Mandal/ Circle Office mentioned in the hearing notice is not the GP (Gaon Panchayat) or Circle Officer from where the certificates were originally issued, then the certificate holders are requested to contact the designated NRC Seva Kendra where she submitted her application form. You may also call NRC Official Helpline at 15107 (from Assam) & 18003453762 (from outside Assam) for locating such hearing centres.
Upcoming NRC Verification:
The learned state co-ordinator Prateek Hajela in its report has categorized the one crore pending applications (as of 31.01.2017) in the follwing manner:
- Family Tree Mismatches( 48 Lakhs), which is currently ongoing.
- Gaon Panchayat Secretary Certificates (29 Lakhs), starts from 2nd April 2018.
- Persons for whom results of documents verification are awaited (16 Lakhs)
- Technical Holds (16 Lakhs).
After completing all the above aforesaid verifications, NRC Complete Draft will be published.