Receipt and Disposal of Claims and Objections in NRC Assam, NRC Corrections: Are you finding out how to update/ correction your name in NRC Assam? There are obvious case that someone’s name may be misspelled or errors in typos or you might have some claims and objections in the inclusion of NRC draft list. Then you should not be fear if you have proper legal documents for NRC. We are here to share with you the procedure to submit a request for correction in NRC Assam complete draft. If your name was not included in the draft updated NRC of Assam, then you may file claim application in your designated NRC Seva Kendra (NSK), where you have submitted the NRC Application form.
What is NRC Claims?
The NRC claims are when your name was not included and you want to include your name in Final NRC Assam List. Provide your legacy data or any government valid documents of your family head before 24 March midnight, 1971. If you have your proper documents, go ahead with an NRC Claims application form and submit it at the NRC Seva Kendra where you had had earlier submitted the Application Form. Please note that only those applicants who submitted NRC Assam application form until 31st August 2015 can submit Claims.
What is NRC Objections?
If any ineligible person whose name included in the Complete Draft NRC then you can submit the objection by filling up an objection form at the nearest NSK. Any person can submit objections.
What is NRC Corrections?
The NRC corrections can be made if you have any errors in the spellings of names, age, address details etc in the already published draft NRC. The corrections form fill up facility will be available online.
Process to File Claims and Objections | Name Correction
- Goto your nearest NRC Seva Kendra.
- Ask the officials/Help Desk to give an NRC claim/ correction file (NRC name correction form)
- You can also download the form online from www.nrcassam.nic.in
- Fill out the form (We have written a separate article on how you can fill up the form online/ offline) and sent it to the LRCR (Local Registrar of Citizens Registrations).
- Take a receipt shall be issued to you by the help desk at the NRC centre.
- A notice shall be issued within a stipulated time for a hearing of the claims petition.
- You have to submit the objections only at the NSK covering the residence of the person against whom the objection has been submitted.
Forms Submission Date
You can submit the Claims, Objections forms from 25th September to
15th December 2018 (Extended till 31st December 2018) at the NSK in the prescribed form.
What is NRC Assam Supporting Documents?
The documents which you have to provide for admissible to inclusion in NRC. There are two requirements for inclusion of names in the updated NRC. The first requirement is the list of documents A, where a person can prove himself residing in Assam prior to midnight of 24 March 1971. The list of Documents A are
Update 2 November: All of 15 List A Documents as Submitted Earlier Can be Used to Claim for Inclusion in NRC; Check Full List Here
- 1951 NRC OR
- Land & Tenancy Records OR
- Electoral Roll(s) up to 24th March 1971 (midnight) OR
- Refugee Registration Certificate OR
- Citizenship Certificate OR
- LIC OR
- Permanent Residential Certificate OR
- Govt. Service/ Employment Certificate OR
- Passport OR
- Birth Certificate OR
- Court Records/Processes.
- Any Govt. issued License/Certificate OR
- Bank/Post Office Accounts OR
- Board/University Educational Certificate OR
- Ration Card (Supporting Documents)
Again if there is no name of the applicant in the list of documents list A himself/ herself, then the second requirement arises that of an ancestor, namely, father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother (and so on) of the applicant. in the case, the applicants shall submit the list B documents below to establish the relation of such ancestor.
- Birth Certificate OR
- Bank/LIC/Post Office records OR
- Ration Card OR
- Land document OR
- Board/University Certificate OR
- Electoral Roll OR
- Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in case of married women OR
- Any other legally acceptable document
My name is not included in the Draft NRC. Can I Reapply?
Yes, you may file a claim for inclusion of your name in the NRC updation process by submitting an application at your respective LRCR. The application for filing Claims can be obtained from the LRCR offices (also available online). There is a prescribed format for filing such issues and the Application will be accepted only in the prescribed format.
What is the reason for Non-Inclusion of my name in NRC Draft?
You have to submit an application to the LRCR at the designated NSK asking for the reason of non-inclusion of the name in the Complete Draft NRC. This process starts from 10th August 2018.
When to File a Claims and Objections Application?
The NRC updating process is still progress. Applicants whose names are not included in the Part Draft NRC are still under verification and decision on their inclusion based on eligibility will be a part of Complete Draft NRC to be published subsequently. If your name is not in the Publication of Draft NRC (Published on 31/12/2017 & 30/07/2018) you can claim for inclusion from 25th September at the NSK.
- Part Publication of Draft NRC
Here you can’t complain that your name not included because NRC verification process is still under progress. Wait till the Final draft of NRC.
- Complete Publication of Draft NRC
Another Second NRC Draft list will be published called Complete Publication of Draft NRC. After publication of complete NRC list, if you have any objections and claims then you must correct them with proper documents. NRC Claims & Objections form will be available at NSK/ Online only after Complete Draft Publication.
- Final NRC Assam
After the claims of complete NRC draft list, a final NRC will be published. If your name isn’t in the final NRC, then you may appeal to Foreign Tribunals.
NRC Helpline Numbers for Any Inquiry: 15107 & 18003453762
So, you may file a claim after the publication of the Complete NRC Draft List. Til then wait for the release of second list and keep updated with official website www.nrcassam.nic.in, Newspaper, TV, and Radio.